Monday, January 17, 2011

Safe & Sound

I have arrived! It is 10:18PM local time, and I have successfully stayed up all day without napping! Woohoo! Let's hope I beat this jet-lag fast!

my room as of now... haha
a little bland, but it'll perk up soon enough!
Today has been an awesome day. I got to see a bit of Hillsong Church when I first arrived (because that is where the taxi dropped me off from the airport!). This is where I met a ton of people and got the keys to my apartment (aka: flat), etc. My "assignment tour guide" and fellow student, Alison, took me under her wing and brought my to my apartment with the help of some other lovely people! None of my other flat mates have arrived yet, so I have the place to myself right now! And boy is this apartment nice! The complex is newer, so all of the flats have balconies overlooking a courtyard which is a general area for all of the buildings in the complex. It is really well-maintained and fairly modern looking!

After I showered and unpacked a bit, Alison and I met up with one of her new room mates, Rayna, and the 3 of us headed to the bank to set up accounts. There we met up with Matt (Rayna's fiance) and Tommy (another first year student that Matt was "guiding") and the 5 of us did some shopping! I was able to get a cell phone, an internet stick, a few groceries (none of which could be perishable because I do not currently have a fridge!), and a few other necessities! We then headed back to Alison and Rayna's flat for dinner and watched some Aussie tennis! I really like this group of people -- they're really nice and we get along really well already! That's a huge blessing from God!

Anyways, I really should head to bed as my eyelids are quite heavy... Hope to be in touch again soon, although tomorrow is a trip to Ikea, and hopefully the beach!! :)

More to come.

1 comment: