Sunday, January 23, 2011

Community

One thing I love so much about where I'm living is the sense of community. Most of the college students live in the same apartment complex, and there is a courtyard in the middle of all the buildings that the balconies look out onto. So when you're walking through it, home from Coles (the local grocery store) or from getting a coffee at one of the cafe's close by, you often run into friends from the college. Or sometimes, people are up on their balconies and just call for you to come up to their flat and hang out! It's just really cool to feel so close to people so quickly... Everyone just hangs out together all the time. It truly feels like a big family!

I spent a bit of time alone in my flat last night just journalling and listening to music and talking to God. It was good for me because I've been WITH people pretty much all the time since I've been here. I got to reflect a bit on why I'm here and what God is calling me to within this experience. Also got to think about the friendships I've made, and ones I want to improve. I thought about my family and friends at home and how much I miss you all! But realizing that I'm so blessed to have such an awesome family in Windsor who are all praying for me and following my journey! Thank you all so much for your support! :)

My flat mate Cheryl and I have been bonding a lot more too! She's my age, which is really awesome, and we just get along great. Same sense of humour and similar personalities... So that's going really well! Plus, she loves to take Photo Booth pictures too, so OBVIOUSLY that's a plus haha! Anyways, I will be in touch again soon... Just wanted to share some thoughts! Much love...

No comments:

Post a Comment