Wednesday, January 19, 2011

All is Well!

So far, Sydney is absolutely amazing!! The city, the people, the BEACH! AH! :) Yesterday I went on a bit of a sightseeing adventure and saw the Sydney Harbour and Opera House. We didn't get to go inside, but the view from the top was stunning! We then went to the Sydney Harbour and took a ferry to Manly Island and hung out on the beach there!! It wasn't the hottest day - but we still got to lay out, and some people went into the ocean! (I didn't because I didn't have a towel... haha)
me at Manly Beach!

me at Sydney Opera House!
After the beach, we took the ferry back to Sydney and I cut 3 of my friends' hair! haha it was really awesome, and they all turned out really well! I don't have pictures to show, but just trust that I can WORK those scissors! :)
I ate dinner at my friend's house with a bunch of people, and he made everyone enchiladas! They were delicious. 

I'm still trying to get over the jet lag, but it's slowly wearing off. My cold is a bit better, but still have the runny nose and a pretty brutal cough. Hopefully that stops soon! Your prayers have been, and continue to be appreciated! :)

Oh! My flat mates have all arrived now! I have one from Sacramento, one from Germany, and one from Sweden! We're very multicultural around here. :) Today we are trying to set up our internet (I am currently just using an internet stick) and also we are hoping to get our fridge and washing machine! We're also going to head to Ikea to get some basic house "stuff" and also some furniture for our bedrooms. Anyways, we're going to be heading out soon so I will write again soon! Love you all, and miss you!

1 comment:

  1. Great pics! And really proud that you're still blogging.. Looking forward to reading more of your adventure!

    - Andy

    ReplyDelete