Friday, January 21, 2011

Getting my Tan on!

First things first: my flat mates and I went and got pretty much all we needed from Ikea, and yesterday I rounded up some guys to help build all our furniture! That's bed frames, coffee tables, and shelves! My room is actually starting to feel like home now!


I also got to spend the majority of my day yesterday at Bronte Beach! We took a bus to Bondi Beach which is the most famous/biggest beach in Sydney, but we walked from there to another beach called Bronte to tan, swim, and relax! It was SO BEAUTIFUL there... the whole walk over I was trying to convince myself that I'm not on vacation.. I LIVE here. It's so amazing - God's artwork is so gorgeous. I could get used to this!

I got pretty tanned, but a bit burnt as well! Even though I layered on the sunscreen a bunch of times! The sun is crazzzzyyy hot here! Also went into the ocean which was awesome. Very salty, but awesome! The waves are actually ridiculous - SO HUGE! I got tossed around a bit, so I got out haha. But it was still fun :)

One of the best parts of yesterday was in the evening. We were all tired from a day out in the sun and a bunch of people wanted to watch a movie, but a few of us weren't feeling it. So my friend Caleb and I made tea and read our books outside while a couple of other people played guitar in the 
background. It was so relaxing and just... great! I am finishing Captivating right now, and God is really speaking to my heart about a lot of things! It's been cool.

Today I think is going to be a pretty relaxing day as well! We're getting our fridge today, so grocery shopping will be happening ASAP! Yay for food!! Haha... Also, I believe we're getting a washing machine and a TV today that we got a really good deal on. Our flat is really shaping up! I think I'm going to love it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment