Saturday, February 5, 2011

New Involvements!

So classes have started and it has been crazy busy around here! For 2 weeks (one week is done) we have "intensives" which is 2 full courses jammed into 2 weeks. Hence why they are called intensives. We are in class all day with short breaks in an auditorium style setting. It can make one somewhat antsy! But the classes are good. Some of my trainers (aka: profs) are phenomenal speakers and teachers. Right now the information is more focused on leadership training as opposed to learning "new" things. That will come when classes start and we get to study Old Testament, etc. I'm really looking forward to getting my schedule for classes!

Also, I got a job! Praise the Lord! :) I handed out a few resumes and got word back from a local cafe around the corner from my apartment. I will be starting this Wednesday as a new barista at Cafe Two Baristas! It's a really happening little place that is really really busy in the mornings and fairly steady throughout the day. It's going to be really fun working there. There's a couple other students from Hillsong that work there too so that'll be nice to get to know more people! They make coffee/lattes/etc. a bit different here so it'll be cool to get trained on a different way to make things! I'm pretty excited about it.

Today is Sunday here and to be more specific, it is "Vision Sunday." The day where the church explains it's vision for the year. It's a really big deal here so I'm excited to see what the service is going to be like! Speaking of church, I found out what my service is going to be here at Hillsong. Every student has to be involved in a "Church Life" and "Fieldwork" throughout the year. Church Life is something you're involved with over 2 services on the weekend, and Fieldwork is something you're involved in during the week! My Church Life is Kids Creative Ministry! Which essentially means I'll be helping in Kids Ministry over the weekend doing worship or other "creative" ministries (i'm not entirely sure what that looks like yet). And then my Fieldwork is Wildlife which is the Sr. High age youth group here! I'm SO excited that I get to do that because I've been missing all my students at home! (Don't worry, you can't be replaced!)

So things are still going really well here! I have my days of really missing home and friends, but I know God has called me here. Through the trials or troubles I know that God is working out His will for me here, and I can't wait to see what else He has in store.

Much love!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds very exciting! Kids Creative Ministry and Wildlife are lucky to have you, Kristin:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin, it all sounds so exciting! I'm so happy to hear you're loving it (and still a little bit jealous ;)
    Love reading your updates, keep it up :)
    Miss seeing ya around the house.
    Sarah Plahcinski

    ReplyDelete